Sunday Funday Brunch at Dos Caminos Meatpacking
Dear Readers, today I am posting about something that has very little to do with running and an awful lot to do with something else that is near and dear to my heart–finding a cure to Parkinsons Disease, so that my friend Dan and millions others no longer have to suffer this debilitating disease. It is heartbreaking to watch my friend suffer under the effects of PD, and the only thing I can do, really, is fundraise to support research that is trying to find a cure. The first time I fundraised, I ran the London Marathon wand was able to pull in $10,000 of donations in one year. This time, I am part of the Team Fox Young Professionals, and we have pulled together a cool event whose proceeds will go to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research.
YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO ATTEND!
Sunday Funday Brunch
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Noon to 3 PM
Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District
and to buy tickets ($80 for open bar & buffet/$50 for open buffet & one drink)
Also, we are raffling off a $250 gift card to Saks Fifth Avenue, and we have pulled together some excellent packages for the silent auction, for example:
- Triathlon Starter Kit: V02Max test, Garmin 310XT, $50 gift card to RUN by Foot Locker, and a goody basket full of cycling gear
- A Taste of the Upper East Side: gift cards for meals at Luke’s, t-Bar Steakhouse, and Fratelli’s Brick Oven Pizzeria
- Makeover You: Sarah Mills haircut, teeth whitening, and two sessions witha personal trainer
- Comedy Central: 2 tickets to each The Daily Show and The Colbert Report
- New York Sports Fan: tickets to games to see the Yankees, the Mets and the Red Bulls
I really hope all my New York area readers can make it. So far we’ve sold 100 tickets but we are aiming to sell at least 200. I would love to see you there–some of my running buddies have already committed, as have a couple of colleagues! If my coworkers can drag themselves, so can you!